Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring! Time to re-create!

Ah! This Spring has jumped the ice and snow (what ice? what snow?) and we have lolled in sunshine, warmth and daffodils, rather than snow shovels, winter parkas, layers of mittens, scarves, hats and boots...it feels as if we have escaped something. SSHHH... a couple of days ago, there was snow--for a brief few minutes anyway, and I thought "good, the winter stuff is still hanging in the front hall!". But before I could reach for the boots, it had stopped.
Today was sunny; I ate my lunch outside by the pond and considered the garden, the fountain that needs replacing, what plants might need to be moved... All the while, the cardinals, and other less flashy birds hung out by the bird feeder, swatting away the squirrels who seem inordinately fat this year (squirrels: a topic for another more rant-like post!!).
Today is full of potential. I'm always travel-hungry in the Spring, but this year I am feeling the rush of hopefulness, despite the gloom/belt tightening around us (another topic for another day). I see potential in this world: opening up the box to look outside--there is Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment