Saturday, July 16, 2011

summertime

Mid-summer. All the activities of paring down (the yard sale earlier this month) and relaxing (the Home County Folk Festival, visiting some wineries in the Niagara region) are just the thing for our short time with summer.

When I consider complaining about the heat (it was 33 degrees C. today), I just have to look back at some of the photos of the winter--and this winter was particularly "challenging" in terms of the amount/frequency of snow!! I like winter for a couple of weeks, when the snow is white and crispy. But longer than that, and I'm ready to consider moving to some climate where winter and snow don't drag on.

So the summer heat is refreshing and delightful as I watch my garden unfold in various blooms. The dog lies down beside the pond, cooling his belly on the flagstones. I make sure the bird feeders are topped up, the fountains continuing to burble...and relax in the fragrant warmth of summertime. Too short...

No comments:

Post a Comment