Friday, September 2, 2011

September: the new year!

I always consider September as the new year. Having been a student for such a long time, I guess that's only normal...and the Fall signals the turning of the seasons to something more introspective than the perfusion of blossoms and warmth of summer, when basking in the sun, enjoying the long days and silken evenings is coming to a close. Although this year, the summer is still in full swing (hot, humid days; flowers rioting in the garden and pond).

The first day of school used to be the moment to step into those plaid, slightly scratchy wool jumpers, long socks, brushed hair pulled back with barrettes... but now, the first day of school will be shorts and tee-shirts, flip-flop sandals. Can't imagine anyone wearing wool in this heat!

And for me, I'm starting a new job next week, so that will be exciting and different... no shorts & tees, but I'll pass on the wool jumper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment